A safe power strip should at least conform to the following two requirements: electric shock resistant and water resistant. Therefore the Wet Circuits Power Strip is just a safe power strip. It is designed to work under water, so you will neither get shocked when carelessly sticking your wet fingers into the holes nor cause burns if accidentally spilling water or coffee onto the strip. Moreover, the power strip will still be safe even if you stick a metal object into the outlet when the device is operating under running water! Come check out the product demonstration video here if you love the design.