She’s one of the explosive new Bond girls in the latest 007 flick Skyfall and you might also recognize her from the films Pirates of the Caribbean or 28 Days Later. Here are five things you may not know about Naomie Harris.
1. Born Naomie Melanie Harris in London, England on September 6, 1976 — she was raised by her single mother, who worked as a screenwriter on the successful British soap opera Eastenders.
2. Her breakthrough movie role was in the 2002 sci-fi thriller 28 Days Later.
3. For her sensual shaving scene with Daniel in Skyfall, she says she trained with a barber for three weeks and repeatedly practiced on balloons.
4. Played the grubby voodoo goddess Tia Dalma in the Pirates of the Carribean films.
5. She recently bought a home on the same street as her mother, stepfather and two teenage step-siblings in the same London neighborhood where she grew up.