Here are some morning exercises to start your day:
Ease into your morning by starting it with exercises that awaken your mind and body. Not only will morning exercise improve the rest of your day, it will activate specific aspects of your nervous system that make it easier to function. Don’t start out with intense exercises. Instead move and stretch your body in gentle, relaxing ways to avoid strain or injury.
Prep The Night Before
- Go to sleep early to ensure you’ll be ready to go when the alarm clock strikes.
- Gather all your gear the night before to avoid any time constraints. This includes your iPod, headphones, and workout clothes.
- If music moves you, develop a playlist to motivate and excite your work out or stretch routine.
Meditation is probably the easiest ways to relax your mind and body prior to engaging in the hustle and bustle of life. The only thing it require can be your willingness to disengage with the earth around you and a semi-quiet space. The morning is one of the greatest times to meditate since your mind is not fully activated.
How to Meditate
- Sit down, lay down, or stand in a comfortable position.
- Close your eyes and focus on relaxing your mind while removing all thoughts.
- Take 2 to 20 minutes each day to improve your perspective and mood.
Early Morning Stretches
After a small period of meditation or morning reflection, adopt a pattern of stretching to ensure overall health. Awakening the spine is one of the best ways to get started, so try a few yoga poses if you’re interested in getting up early.
- Cat/Cow Pose: Kneel down on all fours and arch your spine and shoulders while lowering your neck. Breathe in deeply after the arch and push your chest to the ground while turning your eyes upwards. Repeat this pose 10-15 times to help awaken the spine and strengthen back muscles.
- Child’s Pose: Child’s pose will allow you to stretch your entire spine while relaxing your mind early in the morning. To start the pose, kneel down and put your hands above your head. Bend forward at the waist while engaging your abdominals and place your forehead on the floor. Repeat this pose 2-3 times to feel the stretch.
Exercising every day can provide benefits that will last at all hours. The early-morning stimulation will aid wake up your muscles together with your mind. Not only will this cause you to be feel more productive, you is able to accomplish more while developing a fresh perspective on health.